Jyotishgher Veda App
Jyotishgher Veda App
HOME -> How to read astrology chart
I am frequently asked how I prepare for a Vedic Astrology chart reading. This depends very much on the question and context. Therefore, I never endeavoured writing an article on this topic. However, as I felt this is also an understandable and natural curiosity, I decided to post some basic features that I use as a foundation of a Vedic Astrology chart reading.: .
It is impossible to avoid some astrological vocabulary in this article, which may make it more interesting for those with a little background in this subject. If you happen not to have this background yet, another article on the basics of Vedic Astrology might be a better go for you..
Vedic astrology birth chart reading
In any Vedic Astrology birth chart assessment, I always start looking for both the sign and planetary aspects (rasi and graha dristhi). In this way I can see which of the signs, planets and houses are afflicted or containing positive combinations like Raj Yogas.
The next steps are to read the Vedic birth chart from various perspectives by changing the 1st house/ascendant:
- The ascendant (lagna) says a lot about the personality and body type. The ascendant is determining each of the signs mapping a house. This sets some of the essentials of the general tendencies towards certain areas of life. One translation of the Sanskrit word Lagna is ‘to stick’, meaning this is where we identify to a body and mind and will receive our lessons to go beyond this.
- Arudha Lagna to see how the world sees you, your status in society and available resources and creativity.
- See the chart from the Moon. The nakshatra and shubaphati (disposition/sign placement) reveal the mind. This is something else as personality. The mind can be seen as a bundle of thoughts and emotions through which we experience the world. We identify with these through our personality (Lagna). The Moon also shows the connection to your mother.
- From the Sun. Reading the chart from the sun shows a deeper layer of the soul, and can say a lot about profession and connection to father.
- Read the chart from the soul planet (Atmakaraka). This is the planet with the highest degree, which is the veil between your soul and the world. It shows the life lessons, deeper desires and talents that the soul has taken up learn from in this lifetime.
- From specific planets, for example, if someone asks about relationships I look at the chart as well as if the 7th house is the 1st house. Additionally, the Venus chakra is drawn, which means we look at the chart as if Venus placement is the 1ste house. Meeting a partner can be seen from 12th house again, while romance is seen from 5th house. Like this, depending on your questions, I analyse the chart from the relevant houses/placements of significator planets.
- Argāla: see how certain houses and their strength intervene positively or block specific areas of life.
What are Transits & How You Calculate Transit Chart? ➡️➡️➡️➡️➡️➡️
️As we all know planets are in motion all the time and tend to affect our fate where other factors also matter.
In simple words, transit is nothing but the never-ending motion of planets which generates effects depending on where they are transiting in your Horoscope.
In order to see the transits of any particular day, all you need to do is make the horoscope for that day..
️🔥 Most of us are quite aware of the general principle that a planet in transit from bad houses i.e 6th, 8th, or 12th gives bad results. We are also familiar with the fact that the transit of natural malefic i.e Saturn, Mars, Rahu, and Ketu gives good results in upachaya houses i.e 3rd, 6th, and 11th. Now you should know the general effects of each planet in transit while passing through each house of the horoscope. I haven't written anything on it but the use of common sense and a little bit of astrology will clear the picture for you. After going through the above paragraphs you will get a good idea of how to read Transits. But still, there is something missing that can gauge the magnitude of good and bad effects and the next paragraph is going to deal with it...
Never ever trust transits blindly and always give importance to the running dasha first.
Make a Judgement of what promises dasha is bringing and then apply transits over it.
Dasha lord will automatically guide you because transits are like a free ball with many directions to go and you can not be making vague interpretations out of it.
Also the condition of the concerned planet in the natal horoscope whose transit you are looking for matters a lot.
For example support you are looking for Jupiter retrograde effects through the Scorpio sign then the interpretation of it requires you to check if Jupiter is retrograde in your natal horoscope or not.
The lesson can go on and on and many things can be added to it like Vedha, Tara Bala, etc but my objective is limited for this article and is focused on awareness of basic rules to read transit in astrology..
🔥The first house represents Your Self, Body, Mind, and Personality
🔥2nd is your Family, Wealth, Speech, Fixed Assets
🔥3rd is your Siblings, Communication etc
🔥4th is your Childhood, Home, Mother
🔥5th is your Creativity, Education
🔥6th is Competitors, Disease, Debts, Conflicts, Obstacles etc
🔥7th is your Partner, Legal Dealings
🔥8th is Sudden Changes, Hidden Things, Death
🔥9th is your Luck or Past Life Karma, your Religious Inclinations
🔥10th is your Career, your Father
🔥11th is your Social Network, Friends, Gains
🔥12th is Foreign Lands, Imagination, Dreams, Bed Pleasures, Spirituality
Each planet has a specific energy to it and a specific representation:➡️➡️➡️➡️➡️➡️
🔥Sun represents the father, the boss in workplace, the ruler (king) of a nation. It represents your soul and your ego. It shines bright, radiance.
🔥Moon is intuition, emotions, mother, the queen, the homeland, the childhood.
🔥Mars is the soldier, aggressive energy, vitality. It also represents people who dig deep…engineers, miners, surgeons, etc.
🔥Mercury is the Prince. He loves to have fun, go after the women. But, he can also take care of the business, when the King asks him to. He is the businessman.
🔥Jupiter is the guru, the teacher, the wisdom.
🔥Venus is beauty, creativity, pleasures etc.
🔥Saturn is discipline, structure, hard work
🔥Ra is uncontrolled desire
🔥Ke is indifference
While these basics about the different houses, their significance, which area of life they depict, which zodiac they represent, which planets they represent etc., give us the fundamental knowledge of reading the pictorial depiction of a Vedic Birth Chart and Horoscope, however, there are many elaborate pieces and layers to the Jyotish chart, which takes in-depth study and practice to understand as well as master.
Most Watched Jyotishgher Astrology Videos
For Astrology Personal Consultation